Are you a current undergraduate student wondering what to do after graduation, or a young professional looking for something more? Join our panel of esteemed professors and distinguished alumni for an engaging discussion on the breadth of international policy opportunities available to graduate students. Learn more about obtaining a Master of Public Policy with an International Policy specialization at the University of Maryland School of Public Policy.
SPP students become international policy changemakers by working closely with world-class faculty, innovative research centers, and a global network of over 5,000 policy
professionals in numerous sectors.
International Security and Economic Policy (ISEP) focus areas:
- Nuclear arms control and nonproliferation
- Strategic cybersecurity, offensive and defensive
- Great power competition
- Regional conflict
- Global pandemics
- International economics and trade policy
International Development Policy (IDEV) focus areas:
- Causes of poverty and inequality in developing countries
- Policy evaluation and design in underdeveloped settings
- Ethics and economic growth
- Political economy of development
- Sustainable development
Learn about our Strategic Pillars and our International Policy faculty areas of expertise.
Our faculty is composed of scholar practitioners whose professional experience include:
- Department of Homeland Security, Science and Technology Directorate
- Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- U.S. Trade Representative
- Bureau of International Security Negotiations, Department of State
- Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Capitol Hill
- Central Intelligence Agency and National Security Agency
- CYBERCOM, Offensive Cyber Operations
- World Bank
- InterAmerican Development Bank
- Center for Global Development
Refreshments will be served.