Rosalie Reilly was one of Maryland's most extraordinary and exemplary public servants who was a role model for young women entering politics and was a champion for educating young leaders as they prepared to enter public life. This fellowship was created to honor the memory of Ms. Reilly by enabling students to carry on her legacy of public service and leadership.
Eligible candidates must:
• be available to serve at least 135 fellowship hours while enrolled at the University
• have an interest in public service, government involvement, or political leadership
• be an undergraduate or graduate student
• be graduating Fall 2019 or later
• have a 3.0 GPA or higher
About the Fellowship Project:
The service work you do for the fellowship will be up to you, subject to department approval. Past recipients have often fulfilled their fellowship service requirement through an internship with a non-profit or in government. You may also opt to fulfill this requirement through an independent, civically oriented service project of your own design. You do not need to have your fellowship service commitment settled in order to apply for and win the fellowship, however, upon notification of the award, you will have one week to sign and return the Fellowship contract.
Recipients of the Rosalie Reilly Gubernatorial Fellowship agree to the following terms, conditions, and expectations:
• 135 fellowship hours completed within one year of receiving notification of the award
• Regular meetings and communication with Dr. Jennifer Littlefield, School of Public Policy, to discuss project completion/status updates
• Project proposal (1 page) due 30 days after signed contract
• Timeline of project (1 page) due 30 days after signed contract
• A 4- to 5-page synopsis of project (directive questions will be provided in advance) due at project conclusion
Click here to download the 2019 application.
Fellowship applications are due by 4:00pm, Friday, May 10, 2019.
See the application for details on how to submit your packet.
Finalists will be notified shortly thereafter and may interview with the scholarship committee. The award amount is $2,500.
For questions, please contact Mary Lopez via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.