The University of Maryland School of Public Policy (SPP) is proud to have one of the most vibrant and active alumni chapters among the schools and colleges of the University. Reconstituted in 2002, the SPP Alumni Chapter represents over 2,000 SPP alumni around the nation and the world. Through professional development events, community service programs, social activities and support of the School’s various academic initiatives, the SPP Alumni Chapter serves as an integral part in the life of the School.
The goals of the chapter include the following:
- Maintaining channels of communication among the alumni, faculty, staff, and students of the School and the University.
- Building ties to alumni that stress their importance as members of the School and the University family and as an important resource to students and faculty.
- Providing mentoring, scholarships and other assistance to current students.
- Promoting and offering programs to advance the professional development of alumni whereby increasing the visibility of the School and the University.
- Assisting in identifying and advocating the School and the University to potential students.
- Encouraging the recognition and appreciation of alumni in the School and the University family and in University activities.
Leadership of the SPP Alumni Chapter rests with the SPP Alumni Chapter Board elected annually to develop the vision and guide the chapter. Recent programs and events include:
- Terps on the Hill
- Washington Nationals Baseball Game
- Career Networking Nights
- Alumni and Graduate Student Networking Hours
For more information about the SPP Alumni Chapter or if you are interested in serving as a part of the SPP Alumni Chapter Board, please contact C. Bryan Kempton, Director, Career Services and Alumni Relations.